EASY BACON HERB BUTTER RECIPE
In this recipe video, we’ll show you how to make this easy Bacon Herb Butter which is PERFECT for steaks, veggies, pasta, and MORE! And best of all, it’s so simple, you can make it right at home!
- Hey everybody, I'm Joey and today we're gonna turn up the flavor with some tasty bacon steak butter. And it's so easy you can make it right at home. So follow me and lets mix it up. We recently published a video titled filet mignon in a cast iron skillet and it already has over 50,000 views. So if you're looking to make a great steak at home, you should check it out. But, in that video we promised to share our recipe for bacon steak butter which is also known as compound butter. But it's not confounding butter, just a simple way to favor the flavor on your next steak. And it's so easy to make, you'll never use fake butter again. You can even serve it up with a side of tonic and gin, so don't be shy, give it a try. There is no reason why you shouldn't have this in your fridge. And later I'll season with thyme but now I'll stop with the rhyme. As I mentioned, we are making compound butter so we are going to need actual butter. I did not make this myself. Just bought it, salted, and cut into cubes. Next, we're also gonna need bacon. Here, I have a cup of bacon which I've already cut and chopped up finely. You can run it through a food processor, but I like some little chunks in there. We're also gonna need some herbs. So I have here about two table spoons of diced scallions, a table spoon of thyme as I mentioned earlier, as well as a table spoon of parsley. What we're gonna do is we're gonna mix this all together, and put it in the refrigerator to chill for about two hours. So let's get started. Alright, so here's two sticks of butter. Just get that all in there. Next, cup of bacon as I mentioned earlier. The good stuff. There we go. Herbs, thyme, parsley, and scallions. We are next gonna add just a little bit of pepper and some kosher salt. Just a pinch, we are using salted butter so we don't need too much. And the bacon's gonna have a lot of salt to it. Next we're gonna get this whisk and let's stir up. Alright so now that it's mixed up, it's time to get it on some parchment paper and roll it up so that we can cut it into slices and put right on top of our steaks. Let's get this off the fork first and next, get this all on to the parchment paper here. Next we just kinda wanna form it into a little bit of a log over here. Get it nice and even, do our best job we can. Now that we have it roughly formed and it just takes a little bit of work to get it there, we're gonna roll it up. Now, I'm sure this part is real easy for some of you at home. But for others, it might take just a little bit of work. It's just like this, just wanna roll it into a nice circular shape. The reason we're doing this is so that when we're ready to put it on top of a steak we can just take one slice out of it and it will sit on top of there real nice and pretty. What I'm gonna do is just twist the ends. Twist that end and twist that end. What we're gonna do now is we're gonna put this in the fridge and let it chill for a few hours before we cut it into slices. And it will hold in the refrigerator for about two weeks or the freezer for about three months. It will definitely turn up the flavor on your next steak, but it's not just for steak. It's a great accouchement to pastas and fresh vegetables as well. Really, you should try putting this butter on top of some fresh green beans with a little bit of parmesan and pepper and it is just tremendous. Our motto at Red Meat Lover is cooking meat made easy, and that's just what we strive to show you in every single video. If you like this video, please give us a thumbs up like or subscribe to our YouTube channel for future updates. We release a new video every single month. And remember, man cannot survive on steak alone. He must also have butter. I'll see you next time.
HOW TO MAKE HERB BUTTER FOR STEAK
We recently posted a recipe video for “Filet Mignon in a Cast Iron Skillet” and it’s already been viewed over 30,000 times – If you’re interested in cooking a tasty Filet Mignon, you should check it out.
In that recipe video we promised to share our recipe for bacon steak butter, which is also known as compound butter. However, it’s not a confounding butter, just an easy way to savor the flavor on your next steak. And it’s so easy to make, you’ll never use fake butter again….and it perfect on top of steak, served with a side of tonic and gin. So don’t be shy, and give this a try, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have this in your fridge!
This is a truly easy recipe that will turn up the flavor profile of your next meal. Truly, the hardest part of this bacon herb butter recipe is not eating all the bacon before you use it!
- 10oz uncooked bacon – This is an estimate, you will only need 1 cup of COOKED bacon for the recipe.
- 2 sticks of salted butter. Cut butter into squares and let it sit for an hour at room temp to let the butter soften.
- 2 TBSP finely chopped chives or green onions
- 1 TBSP minced thyme
- 1 TBSP Parsley
- 1 pinch kosher salt
And be creative, this is a simple bacon herb butter recipe we created but don’t be afraid to substitute or add whatever you like including ingredients like Pepper, Parmesan, or Bacon Fat – yep don’t throw it away.
- First you’ll need to cook the bacon. You’ll need 1 cup of cooked bacon for this recipe, which is about 10 oz of uncooked bacon. You won’t need it all but I suggest you cook the full pound of bacon – because extra bacon is not a terrible thing. I’ll assume you know how to cook bacon. If you don’t know, you should learn immediately – it’s an important life skill.
- Add the 1 cup of cooked bacon and all the other ingredients together in a bowl.
- You can use a mixer or just go at it by hand with a fork. I prefer to use a fork because I like to play with my food. Use whatever works for you.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly
- Lay out some parchment paper – you won’t need much, no more than a square sheet.
- Remove butter from the bowl and form into a log on the parchment paper.
- Now, roll it up into a log. See video for details
CHILLING AND SERVING
After you roll it up, just throw it in the fridge or freezer and let it chill. This compound bacon herb butter recipe will hold up to 2 weeks in fridge or 3 months in freezer!
Once it’s chilled, you can remove the bacon herb butter from the fridge and cut it into slices and put it on top of your steak. However, be sure to let soften before serving with steak as the heat from the steak will not melt it completely. It’s also a great addition for butter basting steak as it cooks. And remember, this butter ain’t just for steaks….it’s incredible when used on crunchy breads, crackers, vegetables and pasta too. Really, throw this on some fresh green beans add a little parmesan and pepper….just so good.
And remember, man cannot live by steak alone…he must also have butter!