EASY BACON HERB BUTTER RECIPE
In this recipe video, we’ll show you how to make this easy Bacon Herb Butter which is PERFECT for steaks, veggies, pasta, and MORE! And best of all, it’s so simple, you can make it right at home!
HOW TO MAKE HERB BUTTER FOR STEAK
We recently posted a recipe video for “Filet Mignon in a Cast Iron Skillet” and it’s already been viewed over 30,000 times – If you’re interested in cooking a tasty Filet Mignon, you should check it out.
In that recipe video we promised to share our recipe for bacon steak butter, which is also known as compound butter. However, it’s not a confounding butter, just an easy way to savor the flavor on your next steak. And it’s so easy to make, you’ll never use fake butter again….and it perfect on top of steak, served with a side of tonic and gin. So don’t be shy, and give this a try, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have this in your fridge!
This is a truly easy recipe that will turn up the flavor profile of your next meal. Truly, the hardest part of this bacon herb butter recipe is not eating all the bacon before you use it!
- 10oz uncooked bacon – This is an estimate, you will only need 1 cup of COOKED bacon for the recipe.
- 2 sticks of salted butter. Cut butter into squares and let it sit for an hour at room temp to let the butter soften.
- 2 TBSP finely chopped chives or green onions
- 1 TBSP minced thyme
- 1 TBSP Parsley
- 1 pinch kosher salt
And be creative, this is a simple bacon herb butter recipe we created but don’t be afraid to substitute or add whatever you like including ingredients like Pepper, Parmesan, or Bacon Fat – yep don’t throw it away.
- First you’ll need to cook the bacon. You’ll need 1 cup of cooked bacon for this recipe, which is about 10 oz of uncooked bacon. You won’t need it all but I suggest you cook the full pound of bacon – because extra bacon is not a terrible thing. I’ll assume you know how to cook bacon. If you don’t know, you should learn immediately – it’s an important life skill.
- Add the 1 cup of cooked bacon and all the other ingredients together in a bowl.
- You can use a mixer or just go at it by hand with a fork. I prefer to use a fork because I like to play with my food. Use whatever works for you.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly
- Lay out some parchment paper – you won’t need much, no more than a square sheet.
- Remove butter from the bowl and form into a log on the parchment paper.
- Now, roll it up into a log. See video for details
CHILLING AND SERVING
After you roll it up, just throw it in the fridge or freezer and let it chill. This compound bacon herb butter recipe will hold up to 2 weeks in fridge or 3 months in freezer!
Once it’s chilled, you can remove the bacon herb butter from the fridge and cut it into slices and put it on top of your steak. However, be sure to let soften before serving with steak as the heat from the steak will not melt it completely. It’s also a great addition for butter basting steak as it cooks. And remember, this butter ain’t just for steaks….it’s incredible when used on crunchy breads, crackers, vegetables and pasta too. Really, throw this on some fresh green beans add a little parmesan and pepper….just so good.
And remember, man cannot live by steak alone…he must also have butter!