In this episode of Meat America, we travel to Denver, Colorado to visit GQue BBQ. We cook with Jason Ganahl who shows us how to trim, season, glaze, and smoke delicious championship spare ribs.
GQue Smoked Spare Ribs Recipe
- Use pork spare ribs which have been trimmed to remove all hard fat.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Season with GQue rub or a rub of your choice.
- Once you have the ribs seasoned, turn the rack on its side to remove extra seasoning.
- Using hickory or cherry, wood heat your smoker to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the ribs unwrapped for about 4.5 hours
- Remove the ribs from the smoker and finish with a sweet glaze.
Tips From GCue
If you’re a lookin’, you ain’t a cookin’
- Keep the smoker closed, monitor your pit temperature, and be patient because you’re cooking low and slow.
For more information about GQue BBQ’s menu, catering & locations… go here!
Meat America is your guide to explore the methods and recipes for cooking meat in restaurants across America. In each episode, our host, Joey Brisket, will showcase experts – on location and in their restaurant kitchens- to educate, inspire, and entertain our hungry viewers! Follow the Meat America Podcast & Travel Cooking Show across the entire interwebs at MeatAmericaTV.com