Today we’re visiting Grand Champion Pitmaster, Shane Nasby, in Nashville to learn how to make BBQ Smoked Pulled Pork. He’ll share BBQ tips for smoked pulled pork including the pork shoulder, the “money muscle”, fat cap up or fat cap down debate and much more…..including his recipe for some incredible BBQ Egg Rolls…..yep, we couldn’t believe it either!
HoneyFire Southern Shine Sammie
- Begin with a pork butt, cut from the pork shoulder
- Season liberally with HoneyFire seasoning
- Fire up your smoker with hickory wood to 225 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Smoke the pork butt to an internal temperature of 195 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remember, the bone should slide right out when fully cooked
- Pull the meat apart to build your Southern Shine Sammie
- Pile the pork high on the bun and lightly add more seasoning
- Now add BBQ sauce, pimento cheese, candied bacon and a fried green tomato
- Enoy this delicious BBQ sandwich!
Tips from Chef Shane Nasby
- Remember, the pork shoulder is a thick cut, so be sure to season liberally to create bark during the smoking process.
- The more seasoning you use, the better looking and more flavorful pork butt!
Visit HoneyFire here!
Meat America is your guide to explore the methods and recipes for cooking meat in restaurants across America. In each episode, our host, Joey Brisket, will showcase experts – on location and in their restaurant kitchens- to educate, inspire, and entertain our hungry viewers! Follow the Meat America Podcast & Travel Cooking Show across the entire interwebs at MeatAmericaTV.com