I’m going to show you how to make one of the most tender meats in the world, even more tender! I am sure you already know what it is…but I’m going to tell you anyway. It’s the filet mignon! Follow me and let’s turn them to tasty!
How to Sous Vide Filet Mignon
- Start with filet mignons. You can buy they pre cut steaks or you can break down a beef tenderloin into individual steaks. Here’s how to do that…
- Hook up the sous vide machine and get the water hot. I use the Kitchen Boss Sous Vide Machine, which is great because it comes with preset temperature setting.
- Set the sous vide machine to cook the steak at 130 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- While the water is heating up, prepare and season the filet mignons. I used our very own Red Meat Lover Big Tasty Steak Rub.
- Next, put the steaks in a vacuum seal bag so they are air tight and no water gets in. I added some Sage and Thyme to really kick up the flavor. (check out my favorite vacuum sealer machine here)
- Once the filet mignon steaks are seasoned and sealed, through them in their warm bath!
- After the steaks have bathed for one hour, they are ready to be seared. Pat off any excess moisture with a paper town and sear them on a hot cast iron skillet for 30 to 45 seconds each side.
So Tender, So Delicious!
One great thing about this method is that you don’t have to let your steaks rest. Once they are done cooking, you won’t lose all those delicious juices! Once the steak are seared, they are an awesome color both outside and inside. The steaks are evenly cooked to the perfect temperature and are incredibly tender!
Have you tried to sous vide steaks before? How did they turn out? Let me know in the comments! As always, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you never miss Red Meat Lover content that teaches you cooking meat, made easy!