Here are some tasty tips for making the best porterhouse steak on the cast iron skillet!
“A small piece of something TASTY.”
Cast Iron Skillet Steak Recipe
- Generously season porterhouse steak with kosher salt, black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Place the steak on a piping hot skillet (we recommend this one) that has been lightly coated with avocado oil.
- After a few minutes, flip.
- Add a pad of butter and a fresh rosemary sprig into the pan
- Cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees Fahrenheit (medium rare).
- Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Visit this post for the full Porterhouse Steak in Cast Iron Skillet recipe.
Red Meat Lover Tip
More marbling = more flavor. When picking out a steak, look for the one with the most intramuscular fat to really insure that you turn up the tasty!