This week we’re heading to E3 Chophouse in Nashville, Tennessee to meet with Chef Eric Zizka. He talks to us about his best Beef Tenderloin and Filet Mignon Recipes. You’ll learn how to break down a full beef tenderloin into filet mignon and then grill it to perfection! Now you can make steakhouse quality steaks right at home.
E3 Chophouse Filet Mignon Recipe
- Remove the tenderloin from the packaging and allow the steak to bloom for 24 hours.
- Remove the chain from the tenderloin and trim away all the silver skin.
- Trim off the heel and the tip of the tenderloin.
- Portion into 8 ounce fillet cuts starting from the top down to the tail.
- Fire up your grill until it’s blazing hot.
- Brush your steak with clarified butter and season it with salt and pepper.
- Sear your steak over the hottest part of the fire, flipping only once.
- Let the grill do the work!
- Grill you steak to 5 degrees below your desired temperature and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Throw the steak back on the grill for 30 seconds a side or until you reach the desired temperature.
- Remove the steak and cover it with rosemary butter or serve with toppings.
Tips from Chef Eric Zizka
Coat your steak with clarified butter prior to cooking
- Clarified butter has a very high smoke point, which is important. Oils that have a low smoke point will cause the exterior of the steak to burn and create a bitter exterior.
For more information about E3 Chophouse and E3 Ranch & Co (located in the Nashville area), click here.
Meat America is your guide to explore the methods and recipes for cooking meat in restaurants across America. In each episode, our host, Joey Brisket, will showcase experts – on location and in their restaurant kitchens- to educate, inspire, and entertain our hungry viewers! Follow the Meat America Podcast & Travel Cooking Show across the entire interwebs at MeatAmericaTV.com