Today’ I’m visiting Nashville and E3 Chophouse to try this INSANE filet mignon, trimmed from the beef tenderloin, cooked to perfection and topped with a crab cake and covered with bernaise flambe?!
Incredible Filet Mignon Recipe
- Start with a full beef tenderloin. Cut into 8 ounce filets.
- Then, butter it up! (like the pros)
- Season generously with salt and pepper before cooking.
- Sear the steak on both sides.
- Grill steak to 5 degrees below your desired temperature.
- Remove it, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with rosemary butter.
- And a crab cake?! YES, we said a crab cake!
- Plus scallop oscar!
A Note from Chef Eric Zizka
“Sear it really hot on both sides, lock in the juices, so that when you cut it open the juices are still intact.”
For the full Meat America episode where we meet at E3 Chophouse and learn in depth how to make this incredible steak, click here.