Today’ I’m visiting Nashville and E3 Chophouse to try this INSANE filet mignon, trimmed from the beef tenderloin, cooked to perfection and topped with a crab cake and covered with bernaise flambe?!
Incredible Filet Mignon Recipe
- Start with a full beef tenderloin. Cut into 8 ounce filets.
- Then, butter it up! (like the pros)
- Season generously with salt and pepper before cooking.
- Sear the steak on both sides.
- Grill steak to 5 degrees below your desired temperature.
- Remove it, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with rosemary butter.
- And a crab cake?! YES, we said a crab cake!
- Plus scallop oscar!
A Note from Chef Eric Zizka
“Sear it really hot on both sides, lock in the juices, so that when you cut it open the juices are still intact.”