In this Meat America episode, we visit Tacos, Tequila & Whiskey in Denver, Colorado to learn how to make Holy Mole’ Strip Steak Tacos! TTW’s tacos have been ranked as some of the best in the country. We can say they’re the best we’ve EVER tasted! Chef Kevin Morrison will share full step-by-step instructions that include breaking down the whole New York strip loin to cooking the steak and building the perfect taco. Follow his directions and YOU can make these Holy Mole’ strip steak tacos right at home!
Strip Steak Taco Recipe
- Begin with a wet aged whole beef strip loin.
- Remove it from the package and pad it dry with paper towels.
- Remove the chain and vein steak by cutting an inch or so from the end.
- Trim the hard fat from the fatcap.
- Cut the loin into steak about an inch thick.
- Square up the steaks and cut into strips.
- Lightly marinade the steak in red mole sauce overnight.
- Before cooking, season meat with salt and pepper.
- Season the grill grate with oil.
- Cook the steak for 2 to 2.5 minutes per side, flip and repeat.
- Once cooked, remove the steaks and let them rest for five minutes in a combination of 50% melted butter and 50% red mole sauce.
- Prepare your fresh tortilla, avocado and cut strips. Drizzle with mole butter.
- Top with a simple salad of freshly grated raddish, cilantro, salt and pepper.
Tips from Chef Kevin Morrison
Season your hot grill grates with oil to prevent sticking & to reveal the hot spots on the grill.
Check out Tacos Tequila & Whiskey’s menu and catering business on their website here.
Meat America is your guide to explore the methods and recipes for cooking meat in restaurants across America. In each episode, our host, Joey Brisket, will showcase experts – on location and in their restaurant kitchens- to educate, inspire, and entertain our hungry viewers! Follow the Meat America Podcast & Travel Cooking Show across the entire interwebs at MeatAmericaTV.com