Chimichurri and white cheddar cheese stuffed in a center cut Pork Loin, man I love my job! Today Joey is going to show you how to make this amazing dish that will feed the family, impress the in-laws, or make your wife forget about that third speeding ticket in a month (love you honey!).
This is more than a recipe, today we will teach you how to butterfly a loin as well as how best to score the fat cap to promote even cooking, hold in flavor, and look delicious!
Loin size, thickness of your Chimichurri, what kind of cheese, not to mention your oven will all effect your cooking time, so here is the important part. Cook until the internal temperature is 140-145 degrees.
This recipe is for the center cut loin, about 3 – 4 lbs but works equally well with the larger full loin. Cooking times will vary for those larger 10 lb full pork loins. While you are waiting for your stuffed pork loin, use the extra time to indulge in a fine brown spirit or to troll flat earthers online….seriously, it’s so much fun!
This is the perfect recipe to serve at a dinner party or for a date. They will love it. I promise you. You can serve it with a fine red wine or a selection from your premium craft beer stash. Roasted potatoes and lightly brown butter carrots would make a fine accompaniment to this dish. If you have room afterwards might I suggest a large piece of apple pie. Remember the Brady Bunch…pork chops and applesauce pair well together. This is just like that but with pie.
If you don’t want to serve it at a dinner party then you can just eat the stuffed pork loin by yourself. Live life to the fullest!
|Prep Time||20 mins|
|Cook Time||30 - 45 mins|
- 1/2 cup Chimichurri Sauce You can find the recipe on our site or YouTube Channel
- 3 10-inch pieces of butcher twine
- 8 slices White cheddar cheese
- 3 - 4 lbs. Center cut pork loin Can use the larger full loin as well
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Score the fat cap diagonally leaving about ½ inch between cuts. Then turn the loin and score again creating a diamond pattern.
- Now to butterfly your pork loin. Begin incision on the top third of the loin stop about a ½ inch from end. Open up your loin then cut the top ½ down to ½ inch from the end. Then open up and flatten your loin.
- Baste the opened-up pork loin with chimichurri sauce layer your cheese in keeping it toward the center so it does not flow out when melted.
- Tightly roll up your loin and tie with butcher twine
- Cook at 350 degrees until the internal temperature is between 140-145 degrees. Ours took about 45 minutes. Cooking time will vary I recommend checking the internal temperature after 35 minutes to gauge cooking time.
- Let rest for ten minutes Slice and serve
so excited to try this!! its in the oven now!! thank you, thank you!!
We are having this tonight. Can’t wait to taste it. Although this is my first attempt at butterflying, and I scored the meet prior to butterflying, the cheese may ooz through the top.
So, how did they turnout?
Excellent recipe! Well-written and detailed. The pork loin came out of the oven looking just beautiful for our Christmas dinner, and it did not disappoint — Really delicious! Thanks for broadening my horizons, and boosting my confidence — I surely wouldn’t have imagined pairing roast pork with all that cheesy goodness PLUS the tangy citrusy freshness that chimichirri adds. Wonderful.