In this Meat America episode, we’re visiting 6S Steakhouse in Wichita to learn how to cook steak house quality steaks. We’ll learn about some of the differences between wet aged steaks and dry aged steak. Chef Omar Bernal will show us how to cook steak like a pro right at home!
Chef Omar shares professional tips for how to dry age steaks, how to season and cook wet aged & dry aged Steaks. He also shares his from-scratch steakhouse sides.
Dry Aged Steak Recipe
- Start with a quality cut of beef.
- Let your steak rest prior to cooking.
- Season your steak.
- Sear the steak on the grill, flip and repeat.
- Use indirect heat to finish the cook.
- Marinade with compound butter as it cooks and again after it cooks.
- Once it reaches the desired doneness, let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Tips From Chef Omar Bernal
You can never go wrong with an instant read thermometer!
For more information about GQue BBQ’s menu, catering & locations… go here!
Meat America is your guide to explore the methods and recipes for cooking meat in restaurants across America. In each episode, our host, Joey Brisket, will showcase experts – on location and in their restaurant kitchens- to educate, inspire, and entertain our hungry viewers! Follow the Meat America Podcast & Travel Cooking Show across the entire interwebs at MeatAmericaTV.com