This smoked bacon recipe is super easy to make! It’s not fast, but it’s worth the wait. This is the perfect recipe to add to your Sunday brunch rotation!
Easy Smoked Bacon Recipe
- First, begin with 1 pound of bacon (obviously). I like to use thick cut bacon when smoking it. But you can use whatever type of bacon you prefer!
- Second, lay the bacon evenly across a baking sheet or wire rack. This method allows for easy clean up and transport to and form the grill.
- Fire up your smoker and get it rolling at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the bacon low and slow for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, crank the smoker up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the bacon for 5 minutes to get it nice and crispy. This time will vary depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
Pellet Smoker Hot Zones
All pellet grills and smokers have hot zones or hotspots. You don’t want the tray too close to the front or the back because those are hot zones. That’s going to ensure that the bacon cooks evenly and comes out perfect! To read more about pellet smoker hot spots view this post.
SERIOUSLY Good Bacon
This is some seriously good bacon. I’m talking next level. What makes it next level? First of all, the thing is that smoky goodness from two hours low and slow on the smoker. But what really sets it apart is the fat. You’ve heard me say it so many times – the fat is where it’s at! That’s where bacon in general gets its flavor from. Since the bacon is cooked low and slow, the fat get rendered and turns into tasty bacon deliciousness. You HAVE to try this for yourself.
Let us know what your favorite way to cook bacon is in the comments below! We have been doing a bunch of bacon experiments on our YouTube Channel, Red Meat Lover, so make sure you subscribe to never miss a video!