The holidays are just around the corner and we’re having some people over to celebrate. So we’re going to make that brunch favorite – meat lover’s egg casserole!
Whether you make this on a Sunday morning or for Christmas brunch, your kitchen will smell absolutely amazing! It will impress your family and fill them up before a big day of unwrapping gifts.
Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- Ground mustard powder
- Milk of your choice
- Kosher salt
- Sourdough bread
- Diced ham
- Green onions
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Smoked paprika
- Fresh parsley
Receive recipes right in your inbox! Sign up for the Red Meat Lover newsletter.
How to Make a Meat Lover’s Casserole
- Prepare and grease a 9 x 13 oven safe pan.
- Beat the eggs into a creamy consistency.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the milk with the ground mustard powder.
- Add the mustard powder mix to the eggs, along with the rest of the milk and kosher salt.
- Cut your bread into small, bite sized cubes. JOEY TIP: We have tried different types of bread and have found that sourdough really holds the casserole together without being too mushy. However, use whatever bread you prefer!
- Spread the bread cubes to the bottom of the pan in a single layer.
- Next, spread the diced ham, sausage, chopped green onions, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and 1/3 of the bacon on top of the bread.
- Evenly pour the egg mixture on top and sprinkle with paprika
- Cover your casserole and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
- Cook the casserole for 50-60 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Top with the remaining chopped bacon and some fresh parsley.
Before You Go…
Be prepared to notice a few things about your Meat Lover’s Casserole…you will see beautiful golden cheese melted right on top of the eggs. The cooked bacon on top provides a nice crunch that compliments the creaminess of the cheese and eggs. And last, but certainly not least, the bacon, sausage and ham inside the casserole offer a perfect salty and meaty flavor. It’s the perfect casserole for any Red Meat Lover!
Remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you’ll never miss an
adventure as we continue to turn up the tasty every single week. Don’t forget to check out our new Meat America show. We travel all over the country to meet experts on location in their restaurant kitchen and learn from the pro’s to turn up the tasty!