In this episode of Meat America, Joey visits Chef Erich Whisenhunt of Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant in Denver, Colorado as he shows us how to make marinated Steak Fajitas. Not only do they know fresh TexMex, Rio Grande is one of the largest purveyors of Jose Cuervo in the nation with a vast menu of delicious margaritas. ~Cheers!~
Rio Grande Skirt Steak Fajitas
- Use skirt steak and peel away the silver skin.
- Cut the skirt steak into 8 ounce portions.
- Make a base marinade of: 3 parts pineapple, 2 parts soy and 1 part Worcestershire sauce.
- For this specific recipe: use 1.75 cups pineapple juice, 1.25 cups soy sauce, .5 cup Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of garlic and a pinch of brown sugar.
- Marinade your steak for 1 hour.
- Prepare you veggies.
- Throw your meat and veg over the hottest part of the grill.
- Brush marinade over the steak as it grills.
- Cook the steak about 1 to 1.5 minutes per side, then move to a cooler part of the grill as it reaches medium rare.
- Take the steak off the grill and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak into strips.
- Serve with corn or flour tortillas and all the fixings.
- Enjoy a cool margarita with your fajita!
In the Denver area? Go check out Rio Grande and taste these amazing steak fajitas for yourself! For more information and their menu, go here!
Meat America is your guide to explore the methods and recipes for cooking meat in restaurants across America. In each episode, our host, Joey Brisket, will showcase experts – on location and in their restaurant kitchens- to educate, inspire, and entertain our hungry viewers! Follow the Meat America Podcast & Travel Cooking Show across the entire interwebs at MeatAmericaTV.com