In this episode of Meat America, we head to Wichita, Kansas to cook-up wagyu burgers at Dempsey’s Burger Pub with proprietor Sebastian Gordon. We also hear directly from the rancher himself on why Wagyu makes amazing meat for building your next burger.
Dempsey’s Wagyu Burger
- Begin with quality meat; use either black angus or wagyu ground beef
- Use beef with an 80%/20% ratio of lean meat to fat
- Make an indent in the center of the patty to ensure an evenly shaped burger
- Season the burger with salt and pepper
- Cook on a flat top at 325 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Once, heated, add olive oil to the cooking surface and throw the burger down
- Flip the burger only once to ensure even cook on both sides
- Use high quality ingredients and different textures to wrap up your burger
Tops from Sebastian Gordon
- Don’t press while cooking!
- Pressing down on the burger while cooking will squeeze out the fat from inside of the burger – keeping the fat in keeps it flavorful and juicy!
To drool over the FOURTEEN burger’s on their menu, check it out here!
Meat America is your guide to explore the methods and recipes for cooking meat in restaurants across America. In each episode, our host, Joey Brisket, will showcase experts – on location and in their restaurant kitchens- to educate, inspire, and entertain our hungry viewers! Follow the Meat America Podcast & Travel Cooking Show across the entire interwebs at MeatAmericaTV.com