In this video we’ll share our easy recipe for tasty parmesan loaded meatballs cooked in a cast iron skillet. And the cast iron is the real key here…
The great thing about this skillet is that we can brown the meatballs on the stove and then bake them, all without switching a pan…..the results are incredibly tender and tasty meatballs just like your Nonna used to make…check it out!
Meatballs are an American classic found on the dinner tables of families across the nation. Why?
Because, they’re to make AND delicious too – the hallmarks for comfort food anywhere.
One of the reasons they’re so easy to make is because they’re so versatile – you’re really only limited by your own creativity. Oh, and meat…you’ll need that….they are meatballs so the meat is kinda important.
In this video recipe we’re using beef but there’s a ton of different ingredients that can be used to make really unique tasting outcomes. We’ve made these using pork, veal, and lamb as well.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs, mixed
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TSP salt
- .5 or 1 TSP pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Put all ingredients together in a large bowl, except olive oil, and hand mix together until well blended
- Roll into meatballs – I like mine about the size of tennis balls. This should make about 8 – 10 meatballs.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat skillet with olive oil and warm over high heat
- Once skillet is heated, place meatballs in and reduce heat to medium-high heat.
- Brown meatballs for for 1 – 2 min / side (4)
- Place in oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until fully cooked
- Remove from pan and enjoy!