If you’ve been watching our channel for the last few seasons you’ve seen us cook steak a whole bunch of different ways. Today, we tried something new by cooking an air fried steak. We used our Ommo Air Fryer to try out this fried steak recipe. We’ve used it to make some really neat appetizers and even a whole rotisserie chicken in this thing. Luckily, our air fryer even has a steak button. It’s like it was meant to be!
Air Fried Steak Recipe
- For this recipe, we used a thick New York strip steak.
- We salted the steak for an hour before cooking. Why? Check out our salt experiment for a full explanation.
- Lightly coat both sides of the steak with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil, about 2 tablespoons.
- For this experiment, we did not add any extra seasoning to the steak. However, we recommend seasoning your steak with a dry rub to turn up the tasty.
- Set the air fryer to 370 degrees and move the rack to the middle.
- Air fry the steak for 10 minutes and then check the internal temperature with an instant read thermometer.
- Flip the steak and then cook for another 5 minutes. Check the internal temperature again. We like our steaks cooked to medium rare or 130-135 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on your preferred degrees of doneness, the cook time with vary.
- Let the steak rest for about 5 minutes.
Although the air fryer cooked a delicious fried steak, we wish that we got a better sear on the outside of the steak.
For more cooking meat made easy, follow our YouTube channel where we release a new video recipe every single week. Also, we’re currently releasing a new program called Meat America. It’s a podcast and travel cooking show. We are introducing you to experts from all over the industry and all over the country and visiting experts on location in their restaurant kitchens to help you guys turn up the tasty right at home.